Saturday, March 21, 2009

RUNAKUNA


photo:from runakunamovie.com

When I first moved to San Francisco in 2005, I met a kid named Riley thru mutual friends.  He had moved out here after Hurricane Katrina hit and was living in a motel off Market St. with some friends of mine from New Orleans.  I remember skating with him a few times until he started acting a little sketchy.  He was hooked on drugs which seemed to have taken control of his life.  Shortly afterward, he ended up homeless on the streets of SF doing what he could to survive.  We didn't hear from him anymore as he disappeared among the thousands of homeless wandering the streets of the City.  Its sad to see someone you know in a reckless situation unable to help.  

Fast forward a few years later, Riley is now the subject of a documentary.  Here is his story.  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I have a new blog to follow now! BTW I can't link to the movie above...

Post a Comment